pain and peace

I have been in a lot more pain the last couple of days. I was describing it as sensation as that is what it was too start with. I was getting more different sensations in my head. But now it is definitely pain. I have slow release morphine I take twice a day and then liquid morphine I can take through the day and paracetamol. I have an app on my phone to log when I've taken the pain meds coz they run out before I can take the next one's and I forget when I last took them. The trouble is I have to remember to log taking them! 

Sleeping is troublesome at the moment as well. A lot of the night is spent awake listening to the rest of the household snore or sniff with their snotty noses. I've struggled to sleep since coming back from hospital. I don't know if it's as a result of all the drugs or a left over of being woken several times a night in hospital (how I'm looking forward to that happening again) or who knows what. There are always lots of thoughts at that time of night aren't there. I've bought a little wooden holding cross. It's made from a tree from Bethlehem. Holding that in the night has been bringing me peace which is a nice feeling.

Comments

  1. Sorry you have pain kicking in �� Can I recommend listening to Audible books, podcasts, meditations, worship songs - whatever takes your fancy! Pop in your headphones and while away the time. It's better than listening to everyone else sleeping, whiles away the time (is it just me or does time slow down at night??!) and helps to distract from pain too. Just don't sing along to worship songs at 3am or you won't be too popular xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️❤️❤️
    I Think Margaret has some good ideas there if you can tolerate this ☺️,

    Hearing mark talk French in his sleep, really isn't worth waiting up for ( he was camping in france and Said in French he didn't want to go 🎣 fishing today).

    Finger's Crossed the pain disappears as treatment progresses for you (Wendy) XXX 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will pray for better sleep Ruthie. I think maybe some of us should have an online gathering during the night when we can't sleep for our various reasons. I do think being in the hospital put you out of kilter along with the natural anxiety you are experiencing about the op. Along with Margaret I would suggest some kind of audio relaxation. I use an autogenic or muscle relaxation one, will pm you the link. I often fall asleep before I have finished it so it obviously works for me. Sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you pray-ers, I had a much better night's sleep last night. We're aiming for as much family focus this weekend so more sleep means hopefully I can engage a bit more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for sleep!! Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stats

Aroma