The Chair: a Review

We have been fortunate to have been lent a very lovely wheelchair. I can't walk so far at the moment so it means that I can still go out a little. We used it recently to go shopping. It is a good chair. It folds down all small which means even in our little car we can get it and us all in. It has those handy foot plates so my feet don't need to drag on the floor. It goes up and down so quickly! Zeb worked out how to do it straight away. I have two pushers, one of whom is very enthusiastic but not so directional! But I am happy that Zeb wants to help me around, that he understands why, even if it might mean a few very near crashes and one near tip out. My other pusher does a good job. It's not until I've had to be pushed in a wheel chair that I've come to realise how hard it must be to do. Not always necessarily the physical pushing but the placing. We have had a few 'please can you remove me from that gentleman's bottom space' moments when Mark just hasn't realised how far forward I am in front of him. There were also a couple of times Mark would ask me what I thought about something on the shelf and I was either way past that area or was so close to the shelf I couldn't see what he was looking at. It must be really hard to position someone else, especially when they are on a different level to you. I'd rather not need to use it, not have to rely on others, but am glad the generosity of others means I have the loan of this lovely machine and the time and power of others to move me 

Comments

  1. Glad you are able to get out when needed, it sounds like Zeb and mark are doing great.

    I'm Sure it'd be Good for everyone's to have a go in a wheelchair just to understand what it is like for the user and put our frame of mind into the seat

    XXX 😀 (Wendy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em has a wheel chair to get round too.. I'm trying to convince her that we need a 'buggy board', and maybe a little electic motor on it too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good, you can all go out together, yes I agree we should all try being in a wheelchair, it's really hard hand over that trust to someone, enjoy your walks however you do them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stats

Aroma