So it took time to get released from hospital (again) bit we got there and I'm now home and in bed. I can't fault any of the staff at Addenbrookes, they were all great but they were very understaffed and had things they had to be doing so I understand when breakfast either comes really lateor doesn't come at all and when it takes an hour to get a letter printed. They were all really caring and wanted the best fit each of their patients and whether hard for the best for each of their patients. We arrived back in time for Mark to pick Zeb up from Beavers which was a weight off marks mind as he does with about being late. Add I've now had my hug and am in bed smelling sausages cooking as Mark makes his tea, going there might be enough sausage left for a sandwich for breakfast. I did tell them as I left addenbrookes that if I had to stay in hospital again I'd like to stay in Ipswich coz it makes it much easier for us for visitors and having things brought in. All main leaked I was offered in hospital band with mash and gravy or baked beans and custard, lunch time custard even brought with it sticky toffee pudding, whereas often the custard comes alone, often in a pot. Not a lot has changed here. Zebs going to sleep is currently consisting of him getting and out of bed for earthquake like a drink and teddies and talking to himself. We do remind him that he Singh heart the music we or on socially to listen to add her goes to sleep if he's talking to himself. Interestingly I hadn't got round to putting it normal nighttime cd on my phone (yes we do still live in the land of the cd) and I really missed listening to our normal music when I was in hospital. I'm starting to plan my tomorrow, it will definitely include attempting to crochet or knit some woollen paper chains. Not sure how they'll work but the patterns I've seen look good and I need to scratch the creative itch. I have a couple of things I'm in the middle of that need finishing first, that's always my downfall finishing one job before starting another. Another thing that needs doing is picking up some bathroom aids to use while we wait for quotes to get the bathroom done, which is the ultimate aim. We're getting and stool to use in the bath as moving to standing is one of my must wobbly points. We're also getting a higher toilet seat, it was noticeably the difference these made in hospital to my confidence and a suction grab rail. I always have a study of relief when I go to use a bathroom and it has grab rails,. I feel much more confident and these little confidence boosts really do help and remind me to help boost others confidence where I can small words and acts of kindness can make as but a difference as cc a toilet seat or grab rail to others lives. I know this because our church have kindly put together a rota whereby someone brings me something very delicious to have for lunch each day. It gives me such a boost. Sadly we haven't needed this while I've been in hospital but it's been an encouragement that people have been prepared to do this and I'm grateful for all the dinners I had before I went in, when God s family, the church, Pull together like this it makes me so grateful to be part of such a wonderful family, held together by love for God. It's down as well how well people have read this blog and listened to what I've said about food I like/don't like. Listening well to others is another way of loving them well. They day I went in to hospital I had an egg mayo sandwich and fresh mango, two of my favourites. It was such a blessing as when I got to hospital I was nil by mouth.

Zeb thinks I should put a gif of a baby falling over onto a a sofa going to sleep here but I can't work out how to do it. Better world probably be to actually go to sleep myself now I'm in a more peaceful environment. God bless you all.

Comments

  1. God bless you All to Ruth,

    I'm going to read the update fully tomorrow but glad you are home and you got home in time to see Zeb and give him cuddles I'm sure it will help him sleep better knowing you are home.

    Lot's of love and rest up XX ♥️

    I tried to post a gif but the app doesn't support them 😞
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's the app that's my problem then not my inability to use tech, I was surprised Zeb knew anything about GIFs, he couldn't make it work either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Think it is the app,
    I bought simon a tape player for his birthday so we could transfer his music tape's onto a USB to play but he hated the Idea of this and has decided to use the tape player whenever he's on his sunbed outside with a beer. He Looks forward to it.

    Hope the crochet and paper chain's went well too 🙂.

    You have an amazing support network with your church they All sound amazing and a proper Christian army. You are well loved and blessed to have good people close by XX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stats

Aroma