Moving on up

 We have now moved out and have been at dad (Roger/grandad) and Gillian's (dad's wife/Nanny) for three days. I think all is going well. We know it is a big sacrifice and change to their life style to have us here. We really appreciate it. Especially the amount of listening about Pokémon that they do as that means its a bit less we need to do! The bathroom is well underway, it currently is bear with no ceiling. We can't wait to be able to use the new one. 

Everything medical wise iis going well. I had another tight mask day earlier this week. I normally have at least one of the same radiographers each time so that they know my set up.  But for some reason it was a different set of radiographers. I told them my normal set up but we still ended up with it a bit tight. Never mind it was better the day after. I am now four days into my radiotherapy and seven days into the chemo. I  am getting very tired and nauseous, despite taking meds to try and stop this. I see my consultant this afternoon so will ask if then if there is anything else I do for the nausea. I really don't like taking the chemo tablets. They are not big. It's just knowing what they do to my body. I want them to have their good effect, but not so keen on the side effects.

I've just had my hair cut for the first time since we shaved it. It's one of those things that helps you feel a bit human again, a bit more normal. And my hairdresser is really lovely. She's a friend of the family and has been cutting my hair for nearly 30 years. As much as anything it was nice to have a little chat. She thinks there is a little bit of curl starting to come back through, which we were struggling to tell.

I have a date this afternoon!! And yes Mark does know because it is with him! He is my hospital transport today. It will be the most time we've spent together the two of us for a while. How exciting!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stats

Aroma