family holiday and introvert

So we're home from our little family holiday at centre parcs. I wont give you a blue by blow account but safe to say pottery had been painted, walls climbed, teddy bear stuffed and sewn up, pool balls potted, water swam in, crazy golf golfed, pins knocked down, wildlife watched, lake boated over, tea drunk. pancakes and waffles eaten, winter light trail explored, time spent with family. We decided to hire an electric scooter and it made such a difference to how much I could join in with, and on Mark as he didn't have to push me in the chair quite so much, meaning he had more energy too to enjoy other things. We are now starting to consider if we get one for me use generally. The independence it gave me was fabulous, which also boosted my mental health. So we're thinking of I can manage to get myself to little Tesco for example if we need milk, I'll feel like I've met us contribution and Mark have to think when a trip to the shop fits in his day. We'll also be able to 'walk'to church whereas at the mo when I can manage to go, we have to drive. We have applied for PIP, which if we are given should give us a back payment so we'd be able to afford one, or there is an element to it that can be used especially for mobility aids. We'll see. But it did make a big difference over the weekend to be able to take myself places.
As lovely as it was too be together this introvert is now looking forward to a day by herself!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stats

Aroma