been a while

I realise it's been ages since we've written here. And to be honest there is not loads to tell. I finished my five days of chemo tablets. And the course of radiotherapy. They left me wiped out, still am and still get quite nauseous. I have plenty of tests a day which helps some, but everytime I get out of bed I feel like I should be getting in for another half hour at least. We saw the hospital doctor yesterday who has prescribed some different anti sickness tablets. Hopefully they'll help nicely too. Unfortunately I've had a couple of in grown toe nails which have now become infected so we've also added anti biotics to the concoction of tablets I take. And lucky me it's another med that can cause constipation. I think most of what I take at the moment either causes it or treats it. Mark continues to be Zebs and mine stalwart. I honestly don't know how we'd be getting through each day without him at the moment, practically and spiritually. He currently does all shopping. Most of the cooking. All of the washing, the bulk of the washing up and all of the childcare arrangements. And in all of that he gently points is towards Jesus our saviour and hope, who we need directing to even more at the moment to sustain us than normal. When you make your wedding vows. In sickness and in health etc, we knew the sickness one would be relevant for us as I had ME at the time so we were already living it. Everything we learnt walking that journey of unseen illness that everyone has an opinion on how to handle and hearing to pace myself through the worst of the symptoms had certainly helped in this current challenge. Although undoubtedly it is the prayers of our church family and brothers and sisters in Christ that is getting us through and getting us to the end of each day the moment thank you if you are one of those praying, even if it is a simple 'lord please be with the Brailsford's and cure those tumors. God doesn't mind if your prayers are long it short, full of fancy language or simple heartfelt words. Which is just as well as short and simple is all I normally have to offer. So. What else did the doctor at the hospital have to say. Unfortunately the appointment for the MRI I need for them to keep an eye on growth/shrinkage hadn't been made and I wasn't able to get a blood test drive belt the appointment so they can check all the vital numbers. We did the blood test there and then. If it all comes back favourably I can carry on with this course of chemo next week  another 5 days on. 25 days off. We heard a couple of weeks ago that I do qualify for PIP payments, which is handy as we would be ina slight pickle if I was bringing no income (or just SSP) into the household funds. It also means, with Macmillan help we have successfully applied for a blue badge. This has already been worth having. Even though it's only been a few weeks. Just lessening the distance I need to travel to get into placesx be that by scooter, wheelchair or with the support of my walker. I use different devices depending on the situation, all are invaluable.

I had a wonderful afternoon out with my dad this week, we went to see the Suffolk philharmonic orchestra play at a local church.They only bring a select crew to these kind of concerts so there were four of them, two violinists, a viola and a cello.b the music was beautiful, real balm for the soul ni wrestled with myself over whether I should go or not,c trying hard to believe myself when I said that you might not be well enough to work but that doesn't mean you have to have no life. The orchestra are trying to get out to do more performances as the last two years have been understandably quiet for them. If you get s chance to see themm I encourage you to go. I'm not mad for classical music, bit I get much enjoyed it and even recognised some of the pieces. At one point they needed a conductor for their next piece  my dear pa stepped into the breach for them and did a wonderful job of enabling us all to enjoy the teddy bears picnic. I live life performances and it reminded me how much I've missed them, I find myself almost obsessively checking the website of the local theatres and dropping the occasional hint to Mark about how might it either be to go and see something. Anyway, thanks for reading and for supporting us if there is anything we can be praying for you please do let us know.

Comments

  1. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ lot's of love Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stats

Aroma