best before and use by

 I get the feeling this might be another rambling one, I apologise now, it was going round my head in the night last night and has swimming there since. Thank you to those who engaged in the last post either by direct comment or by getting in touch with us personally. We understand that not everyone is interested in our faith stuff but hope it is an encouragement when mentioned to those interested. This one starts with thoughts about something to do with church. When I am well enough I have the privilege of helping with a top up shop that is run at ST john's church on Caudlwell Halll Road on a  afternoon. They are given a lot of food that is near it's use by or best before date. Anyone that wants to can come and pay £2 and fill a bag up from whatever is available. In the middle of the night this had me reflecting on use by and best before dates. we have to follow certain protocols around these to make sure people that come know if something is likely to be near it's date. I know some supermarkets have stopped putting dates on certain items and letting people use their own common sense as to whether things are still edible or not. I'm not sure I've got that right or not, but if anyone from top up shop would like to correct me on any of that please do and I'll edit and republish. anyway, on to my reflections. We don't have use by or best before dates, other than the bible tells us that God has each Psalm 90:12 Knowing all of my days are known by God and are held in his hands means I don't need to worry about today as Matthew 6 tells us 25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?27Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendour was dressed like one of these.30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

There is alot of wisdom in the Bible, if you've not read any of lately then I suggest you do. THe book of Matthew is a good place to start, or start with Genesis, the very beginning. 
Whilst I don't know my use by or best before date it is of comfort to know that God does, so I can let him worry about all my worries, I dpn]t need to hold onto them, he's got them! That was all quite tricky type my legs gott the shakes and the keyboard is on my legs.

ALl of that and I've said nothing about healht. I have had another consultant appointment during which he told us the same, they have booked in a scan which will tlel us what the tumpurs are doing, but overall he's happy with how I am and he sayd that is the bigger indictor of ehat's going on, so whilst not the best news, not the worst either. God bless you all. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stats

Aroma